Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor II

Cancel return after payment..

Need Help!

I have filed and need to cancel my return and start over.


Since I have paid for my services already, it does not show any option to cancel my return and start over.


In my case what are the following steps I should take?


I would like to cancel my return and file my taxes again, due to misspelling and updated information.

thank you!


1 Comment
TurboTax Specialist

Cancel return after payment..

Once you have filed a return, you can't cancel it. It's just like dropping it off in a post office box. You have to wait until it is rejected or accepted. If rejected, you can make your changes and file again. If accepted, then the only way to make changes is to amend the return.


How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed