buysel1497

Your Return isn't Eligible for Electronic Filing due because the tax withheld of $1,164 is greater than or equal to $0, the sum of income from the following sources:

rjs

We can't see your tax return. It sounds like you omitted an income amount, or entered some withholding in the wrong place. Check your entries for the income sources listed in the message. You can't have tax withheld if there's no income to withhold it from.

buysel1497

Thanks RJ, 

Actually it is Unemployment payments I received and I asked for withholding to be taken out, but since I wasn't employed at all last year, technically I should have no withholding. So my refund amount is the exact amount that Unemployment had taken out of my payments. So no income, or only unemployment income. 

Thanks for taking the time to try to help. I went through 3 chats with Turbotax and they couldn't figure it out, but I must have explained it incorrectly. 

That makes sense if the 10,200 unemployment exemption reduced your unemployment income to zero or less than the withholding.  Don't know how to get around that.

If you entered the amount of unemployment on the 1099-G entry screen in full along with the withholding then you should have no problem efiling the return  ... so did you reduce the amount on the 1099-G form by the exclusion amount yourself  by mistake ?    Please don't since the program will automatically compute and enter the exclusion amount on Sch 1 line 8.