turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I detach and mail my payment in with the 2016 Form 1040-V payment voucher is that all that needs to be included? Are the other pages for my personal file?

I see that the last page is the amount that will be refunded to me which I selected to be mailed to me by a paper check. I just want to be sure that all I need to send in is the 2016 Form 1040-V payment voucher with a check made payable to the "United States Treasury" with my social security number written on it
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When I detach and mail my payment in with the 2016 Form 1040-V payment voucher is that all that needs to be included? Are the other pages for my personal file?

The voucher is the only thing you mail with your check to pay your federal taxes due.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Your post is confusing. You cannot be getting a refund and also owe tax on your federal tax return. Are you perhaps getting a refund from a state return and have taxes due on the federal return?

Yes I get a state return that I selected to be mailed to me by check, and the federal return is what I owe. I just want to be sure that the only page that needs to be sent in is the one that says "detach here and mail with your payment and return"

The voucher is the only thing you mail with your check to pay your federal taxes due.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies