turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

7jessica

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I have been an Independent Avon representative this year. We receive invoices of every order we do. I am unsure how to enter my income, please help

Each invoice tells how much we should have made for the campaign.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I have been an Independent Avon representative this year. We receive invoices of every order we do. I am unsure how to enter my income, please help

You will file a Schedule C as a self-employed person.  The Schedule C will flow onto your individual income tax return (Form 1040) and be netted with other personal income and expenses.  

How to get to that area While inside the software and working on your return, type Schedule C in the Search at the top of the screen (you may see a magnifying glass there).  There will be a popup that says Jump to Schedule C.  Select that to get to the general area. 

When you set up your business, you can use your own name, address, and social security number.

Then, when done with the Business Profile:

• then, Business Income and Expenses
  •  select Edit next to your business (if it is there already)
  • scroll to Business Income

You will enter the total off ALL of your gross income received.  You will see a screen for 1099-MISC if you received one, if not Skip it.  Also, there will be a screen after the 1099-MISC screen to enter other business income as General Income.  Then, subtract off expenses such as credit card processing fees and other ordinary and necessary business expenses in following screens.

NOTE: Every dollar you receive is reported as income.  Then, your expenses are deducted from that.

Also, this link may be helpful to you IRS Small Business Help Center .

Which TurboTax version should I use for this situation?  Home Business, Delux? Please help. Thanks!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies