turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What do I do if I have a 1095C?

I am on the part where they ask about Employer Provided Health Insurance Offer an Coverage, I'm on Tricare an have a 1095-C yet they only allow me to choose a 1095A
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies
djhabs

My employer tells me I have to file this form (1095c) with my 2015 taxes. If I don't file this form with my taxes they say I could be subject to fines and delayed tax return
michtax--

I didn't buy health insurance can I amend return if I said I did
PandoraS

[Edited] If you have a 1095-C, a form titled Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage the IRS does NOT need any details from this form. You can keep any 1095-C forms you get from your employer for your records.

When you come to the question “Did you have health insurance coverage in 2015”, simply select “Yes”.

When you come to the question "Were you enrolled in a plan from HealthCare.gov or another state's Marketplace in 2015?", select "No".

If you're covered through your job or have health insurance through the VA or Tricare, your plan isn't a marketplace plan, but it still counts as health care coverage.

See this link for more information: Do I need to enter a 1095-C in TurboTax?

Ok, so if its not required to file it with the taxes how do we file it? It says we are suppose to file it.

You file the information from the form by answering the appropriate questions within the filing process.

so i keep getting told that i need to fix my federal file becuase i havent entered in a 1095-a but i cant select that i had tri care or anything so how do i e file

I just selected yes and clicked on SHOP or something for the insurance I had. Then just hold onto your 1095-C just In case. Really the 1095-C form is a joke.... I also have TriCare.
lh4him

the 1095-C is mostly for your benefit; you DO NOT need it for filing your return, if you know all of your health insurance figures-just check the box on the Turbo Tax program and it will fill out your health insurance information for you.  Do not let it stress you trying to figure out the 1095-C, file it with 2015 tax info/receipts and keep it in a safe place.

KmelC1016

The posts above for June 2019 will not apply to 2019. 

For 2019 you only need to enter a 1095A not a 1095 B or 1095 C

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/do-i-need-to-enter-my-1095-c/00/26674

got a 1095C  where do I enter the info

@vrpuzzle29 wrote:

got a 1095C  where do I enter the info

A Form 1095-C is not entered on a tax return.

I got a 1095-c

You don't enter a 1095-B or 1095-C on your tax return. You only enter a 1095-A if you get one. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies