Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a 1095-B for my health insurance. I do not have the company ID number and it wont let me file my state return without it. What do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LeeM

I have a 1095-B for my health insurance. I do not have the company ID number and it wont let me file my state return without it. What do I do?

You do not have to enter that 1095-C on your return and should remove that from your return using the directions below. That is for your records only. You can see the additional During the tax season, taxpayers who have?non-Marketplace health insurance?(their plan wasn’t purchased on healthcare.gov or a state Marketplace) may receive the?new Forms 1095-B or 1095-C?— these are receipts from private insurers or employers, confirming you had or were offered coverage. You will not need them to file your 2016 tax return.  

To correctly remove that 1095-C, you should follow the steps below: 

1. Delete the Form 1095-A/C by selecting My Account, Tools, Delete A Form (under other helpful links) and then delete the Healthcare Entry Sheet and Form 1095-A (if present) 

2. Select Federal Taxes and then Healthcare 

3. When you come to screen "Did you have health insurance coverage in 2016?". You should select "I had health insurance coverage all year (if that is true)". (meaning your 1095-B has all months or "all/full year" checked)    

4. The next screen will ask "Was anyone enrolled in these less common plans in 2016?",?you should select "No" there.    

That will complete the Health Insurance section and allow you to move on in your return.   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies