turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed an extension for my 2017 taxes. How can I confirm that my spouse was included on that extension? The confirmation says my Federal Personal First Ext has been sent

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I filed an extension for my 2017 taxes. How can I confirm that my spouse was included on that extension? The confirmation says my Federal Personal First Ext has been sent

You can look at the copy of the Form 4868 (extension form) that TurboTax provided for you - in box 3 you will see "Spouse's social security number". If that portion is filled out with your spouse's social security number that means they were included as well. 

I cannot seem to find that form. Is there a way I can view it through TurboTax? I've been searching to see if the extension form shows up that I filed, but now I can't find it in TurboTax.

Follow these instructions to find that form: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4736887">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4736887</a>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies