turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Getting ready to mail a check for my 2018 taxes noticed I also got some vouchers that say 1040ES broke down in 4 payments. R those for my 2018 or 2019 taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Getting ready to mail a check for my 2018 taxes noticed I also got some vouchers that say 1040ES broke down in 4 payments. R those for my 2018 or 2019 taxes?

You can ignore the 1040ES.  The estimated payments are optional to pay. They are estimates for next year. Turbo Tax doesn't want you to owe next year. They might have printed out if you got a one time large income this year. Like if you took a IRA or 401K distribution or a large capital gain. They DO NOT get sent to the IRS or state with your return.

You might want to adjust your withholding at work so you won't owe too much next year.  They don’t get sent with your tax return so the IRS or state won’t be expecting them.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Mail the check with the 1040-V to pay the 2018 balance due.

Or pay directly at <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/payments">https://www.irs.gov/payments</a>

You can ignore the 1040ES.  The estimated payments are optional to pay. They are estimates for next year. Turbo Tax doesn't want you to owe next year. They might have printed out if you got a one time large income this year. Like if you took a IRA or 401K distribution or a large capital gain. They DO NOT get sent to the IRS or state with your return.

You might want to adjust your withholding at work so you won't owe too much next year.  They don’t get sent with your tax return so the IRS or state won’t be expecting them.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies