Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Married filing jointly for years; however, he has been unable to work 2017. I get SSDI and have always filed it. Can I file the SSDI 2017 and the spouse?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Married filing jointly for years; however, he has been unable to work 2017. I get SSDI and have always filed it. Can I file the SSDI 2017 and the spouse?

You can always file a joint return no matter who earns what  HOWEVER  if your ONLY income all year was SSDI then you will have no reason to file a return this year at all UNLESS you had health insurance thru the ACA exchange or you had taxes withheld from the benefits that you want refunded. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can always file a joint return no matter who earns what  HOWEVER  if your ONLY income all year was SSDI then you will have no reason to file a return this year at all UNLESS you had health insurance thru the ACA exchange or you had taxes withheld from the benefits that you want refunded. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies