turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have used Tubo Tax to file my taxes. Do I need to do more?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomK
Expert Alumni

If you have already filed your return, you just need to wait until it gets accepted or rejected.  If accepted, then you will need to wait until it is approved by the IRS.  If rejected, you will need to log back in to your return and make the necessary correction(s) and/or addition(s).

Please note that the estimated 21-day period to receive a refund is calculated from the date that the e-file is successfully submitted AND accepted by the IRS – and not necessarily from the date the customer submits their return in TurboTax

Where’s My Refund?

The IRS will hold all 2017 tax returns that have a tax refund which includes EIC and/or the Additional Child Tax Credit until mid-February.  The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards starting on 2/27/18.  if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with the tax return.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2018-tax-filing-season-begins-jan-29-tax-returns-due-april-17-help-avai...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TomK
Expert Alumni

If you have already filed your return, you just need to wait until it gets accepted or rejected.  If accepted, then you will need to wait until it is approved by the IRS.  If rejected, you will need to log back in to your return and make the necessary correction(s) and/or addition(s).

Please note that the estimated 21-day period to receive a refund is calculated from the date that the e-file is successfully submitted AND accepted by the IRS – and not necessarily from the date the customer submits their return in TurboTax

Where’s My Refund?

The IRS will hold all 2017 tax returns that have a tax refund which includes EIC and/or the Additional Child Tax Credit until mid-February.  The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards starting on 2/27/18.  if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with the tax return.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2018-tax-filing-season-begins-jan-29-tax-returns-due-april-17-help-avai...

Thank you. You are very helpful
TomK
Expert Alumni

You are welcome.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies