turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is it asking me to pay again for TurboTax? I already purchased the Home & Business version. I understand paying for the upgrades.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Why is it asking me to pay again for TurboTax? I already purchased the Home & Business version. I understand paying for the upgrades.

You are using the Online version - TurboTax Self-Employed which is the web-based version.  Use the instructions below to transfer your tax file to your desktop software (Home and Business).   If you have Home and Business, you don't need to file through Self-Employed.  They are 2 different products and since you have already purchased the better desktop version, you can file using that.  You have to pay for the full price of Self-Employed also if you want to file using TurboTax Online - and you really don't want to do that.  

What's the difference between TTO and TTD - version and product compare  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302260

DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

It appears you are trying to file using both online and desktop... - <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number?jump_to=answer_3300041">...>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies