Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

padcamp

This seems like a personal tax return. what about my owner company Superior Insurance Services, LLC ? prior returns asked way more questions. deducted health Insurance pa

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

This seems like a personal tax return. what about my owner company Superior Insurance Services, LLC ? prior returns asked way more questions. deducted health Insurance pa

If you have a single member LLC, everything is personal. You and your business are one for all intents and purposes. You file the Schedule C on Form 1040.

The expenses that are paid towards health insurance qualify for the Self-Employed Health Insurance deduction. This is an adjustment to income on line 29 of the 1040.

You can locate the SE Health questions within the Business area where your LLC reports its income and expenses.

Your medical expenses (copays, Rx, etc) are not a business expenses- you can only deduct the medical insurance, dental, and possibly long term care insurance towards the SE Health deduction. Your LLC income cannot include a subtraction for paying your personal medical expenses. These go under Deductions and Credits-Medical Expenses.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

You are preparing a personal return if you are using TT Self Employed. Is Superior a multi member LLC or taxed as a corporation? Please explain.
padcamp

single member LLC. company pays health Insurance and expenses to me
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

If you have a single member LLC, everything is personal. You and your business are one for all intents and purposes. You file the Schedule C on Form 1040.

The expenses that are paid towards health insurance qualify for the Self-Employed Health Insurance deduction. This is an adjustment to income on line 29 of the 1040.

You can locate the SE Health questions within the Business area where your LLC reports its income and expenses.

Your medical expenses (copays, Rx, etc) are not a business expenses- you can only deduct the medical insurance, dental, and possibly long term care insurance towards the SE Health deduction. Your LLC income cannot include a subtraction for paying your personal medical expenses. These go under Deductions and Credits-Medical Expenses.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies