turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tmb6182

Do you help with fees?

Why do I have to upgrade from Home and Business to pay Federal filling fees.After buying the program, paying 24.99 for state filing, then 44.99 for taking the 24.99 fee from my federal return plus my time involved, I have paid as much as having a tax professional do my taxes. LAST YEAR EVER USING TURBO TAX WHAT A RIP OFF Any suggestions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Do you help with fees?

Yes you need to read the screens carefully and slowly.  And watch what you click on.  There is one screen that can trip you up.  I think people get going too fast at the end to file and don't pay attention to what they are clicking on to continue.

Do you help with fees?

You do not have to pay $24.99 to e-file your state return if you print it and mail it instead.  And you do not HAVE to deduct the fee from your federal refund--that is a choice.  You could pay the state e-file upfront with a credit card instead of having the fee taken out of your refund.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies