turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ralangill

How do I enter a THIRD PARTY DESIGNEE?

I TRIED TO ENTER A THIRD PARTY DESIGNEE BUT THE SYSTEM WOULD NOT LET ME OVERRIDE THE "NO" AND CHANGE THE ANSWER TO "YES".

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Yes you can do that only in the Desktop installed program using Forms Mode.  There is no question and answer steps for it.  You can assign a third party designee in the desktop version of TurboTax in the Info Worksheet in Forms mode. 

This post has a screen shot

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3067044-how-do-i-add-allow-another-person-to-speak-with-irs 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Yes you can do that only in the Desktop installed program using Forms Mode.  There is no question and answer steps for it.  You can assign a third party designee in the desktop version of TurboTax in the Info Worksheet in Forms mode. 

This post has a screen shot

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3067044-how-do-i-add-allow-another-person-to-speak-with-irs 

You enter it on the "Info Worksheet" part VI - not on the 1040 form.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
maybeatle

2018 introduces Form 1040 Schedule 6, Foreign Address and Third Party Designee - but I couldn't search for Schedule 6. Instead I searched for foreign address, clicked on Jump to Foreign Address, then clicked on the Forms button to bring up the manual entry form. I then could click on YES and enter my name.

Thanks for the new 2018 info!

In TurboTax Home & Business 2019, go to the 1040/1040SR Worksheet at the top of the list of Forms. Following the section for entering dependents, go to "Quick Zoom to the federal information worksheet". Click on Quick Zoom. At the bottom of Section VI, there is place to enter "Yes" and the information for your third party designee.

You enter it on the "Info Worksheet" part VI - not on the 1040 form.  I found that I have to click Yes to transfer my entries to the 1040.

I found that I have to click Yes to transfer the entries to the 1040.  The Yes No checkboxes are empty and any information entered will not transfer to the 1040 until Yes is checked.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies