turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ysemere1

I keep getting this code: IND-516-0 . How can I fix this I have no dependent at all?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
ysemere1

I keep getting this code: IND-516-0 . How can I fix this I have no dependent at all?

My tax return came back rejected. this is the reason why it said. If Form 1040, 'PrimaryClaimAsDependentInd' is not checked, then the Primary SSN must not be the same as a Dependent SSN on another return.

my SSN is correct.
Ashby

This rejection actually happens most often when someone claims you as a dependent. Or, it can happen when someone tries to fraudulently file a return using your information.

Please work through the information below. If all looks good, you will need to paper file your return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5947691

ysemere1

how can i fix this
Ashby

Did someone else, like a parent, claim you on their tax return?
ysemere1

yes. my sister
Ashby

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies