turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I became self employed in January 2016 and have not filed estimated taxes yet. My wife is employed. Will Premier program let me to pay estimated taxes going forward?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

I became self employed in January 2016 and have not filed estimated taxes yet. My wife is employed. Will Premier program let me to pay estimated taxes going forward?

Yes, as you finish your return, if you owe a significant amount the program will prompt you to calculate estimate taxes and will generate the 1040-ES forms for you to print.  You can always download Form 1040-ES from the IRS website and make payments - you don't need TurboTax to do that. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DDollar
Expert Alumni

Yes, as you finish your return, if you owe a significant amount the program will prompt you to calculate estimate taxes and will generate the 1040-ES forms for you to print.  You can always download Form 1040-ES from the IRS website and make payments - you don't need TurboTax to do that. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies