turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I became a Brand Partner for Nerium in Aug 2016. I have had very little income thus far, but a lot of expenses. How can I file this....I never received a 1099-MISC.

Expenses include: product purchase, travel to AZ and TX, a conference, hotels, food, office supplies; totaling nearly $2000.00.

Income is only $80.00 thus far.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

I became a Brand Partner for Nerium in Aug 2016. I have had very little income thus far, but a lot of expenses. How can I file this....I never received a 1099-MISC.

Yes, a direct-selling business like Nerium is reported on Schedule C, included in TurboTax Self-Employed Online. You may report your business activity even if you did not receive Form 1099-MISC and you have more expenses than income.

To enter self-employment income in TurboTax, go to My Account >> Tools >> Topic Search. Type in "schedule c", click the topic in the list, then click "GO". You will be prompted to upgrade, if necessary, to the TurboTax version that is best for your tax situation.

Follow the prompts to describe your business activity, then enter your income and expenses. You may be asked for a Business Code: most direct sales representatives use business code 454390(Other direct selling establishments) and use the Cash Method.

Be sure to keep good records.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies