Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vcxsta

Hello, I just filled with turbo tax under self employed but I own a corporation business... Should I have used the Turbo Tax Business package instead?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Cindy0H

Hello, I just filled with turbo tax under self employed but I own a corporation business... Should I have used the Turbo Tax Business package instead?

Yes, a corporation would use TurboTax Business. Corporations need to file different forms than self-employed individuals.

For a C-Corp, you must use TurboTax Business (different from Home  & Business). TurboTax Business is not available as an online product, and is not available for MAC. Windows only. You can purchase TurboTax Business at https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

Since this is your first year dealing with a C-Corp, I suggest that you seek the services of a tax professional in your local jurisdiction. The cost of a tax professional for this first year will be well worth it. Once you're past that first year tax filing, then you should be fine for following years doing it yourself, using that first year tax return for information and guidance. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Cindy0H

Yes, a corporation would use TurboTax Business. Corporations need to file different forms than self-employed individuals.

For a C-Corp, you must use TurboTax Business (different from Home  & Business). TurboTax Business is not available as an online product, and is not available for MAC. Windows only. You can purchase TurboTax Business at https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

Since this is your first year dealing with a C-Corp, I suggest that you seek the services of a tax professional in your local jurisdiction. The cost of a tax professional for this first year will be well worth it. Once you're past that first year tax filing, then you should be fine for following years doing it yourself, using that first year tax return for information and guidance. 

vcxsta

Got it. So should I still submit the self employed documents since it includes my personal taxes? I already paid for it so I dont know if I should ask for refund and then only pay for the basic personal taxes?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies