Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Won't let me eFile. After clicking Transmit Returns Now, msg says Tax Program Update Required yet TurboTax says software is up to date. How do I file?

Please see the instructions in the TurboTax FAQ below and view the AGI reject tips: 

How do I fix e-file reject IND-031-04 or IND-032-04?

@ji123

pingmh

Won't let me eFile. After clicking Transmit Returns Now, msg says Tax Program Update Required yet TurboTax says software is up to date. How do I file?

I am ready to e-file for federal and Illinois and have tried several times but keep hitting the error saying Tax Program Update Required.  I have gone through the manual update process twice and rebooted in between but it keeps giving me the same error.  I need to resolve this ASAP so I can proceed with e-filing!

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

I would suggest completely uninstalling the software and reinstalling. The work you have done will be saved so you can pick up where you left off. 

Please let us know if the error continues. @pingmh

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
LEXITHIA

HI 

is there Mac manual update i'm having issues with submitting my forms in it says their is a hiccup with submitting my efile?

Ebony A
Intuit Alumni

Please review this resource @LEXITHIA.

I am confused as to why turbotax will not let me transmit. says failed validation.  I have checked for updates but there are none available.   says it is having trouble recognizing data being sent in the return

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions here to contact us by phone so we can look over this further. @frantzchris

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies