turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm married but filing separately as my spouse doesn't live in the US (no SSN), has no US income and I'm not claiming any exemption. How do I efile without spouse SSN or ITIN?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Melaine

I'm married but filing separately as my spouse doesn't live in the US (no SSN), has no US income and I'm not claiming any exemption. How do I efile without spouse SSN or ITIN?

Without a social security or ITN you will have to file via mail in return, you will not be able to e-file.  make sure to include a cover letter as to why you are filing without this.  Still however, include her name but do not put a number in the area for social security number.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Melaine

Without a social security or ITN you will have to file via mail in return, you will not be able to e-file.  make sure to include a cover letter as to why you are filing without this.  Still however, include her name but do not put a number in the area for social security number.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies