Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Windows Download TurboTax Premier 2023 will not extract and install on Win 10. Immediately get "Failed to Extract Archive" error.

Windows Download TurboTax Premier 2023 will not extract and install on Win 10. Immediately get "Failed to Extract Archive" error.

Just to download it I had to turn off anti-virus and Windows Defender because the certificate is from an unknown publisher and not trusted. But this didn't solve the failure to extract and enable the installation process.

I have used TurboTax Premier Download version for years and never had such a frustrating mess.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Well folks, I solved it.

While the problem occurred downloading from both the Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox browsers, I tried one last time from the Brave browser with Defender, firewall and McAfee anti-virus turned off.

Not only did the file download fine, it had a legit Certificate for Intuit and was larger.

That file extracted and installed just fine.

Try this method instead of all the rigamarole Intuit Tech suggested. Much faster, simpler and easier.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Well folks, I solved it.

While the problem occurred downloading from both the Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox browsers, I tried one last time from the Brave browser with Defender, firewall and McAfee anti-virus turned off.

Not only did the file download fine, it had a legit Certificate for Intuit and was larger.

That file extracted and installed just fine.

Try this method instead of all the rigamarole Intuit Tech suggested. Much faster, simpler and easier.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies