Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sarcoguy

Will self employed version work for both me as an independent contractor and to generate the 1099 for the nonprofit I do books for?

I do books for a small nonpfofit. Their finances are pretty simple, not a lot of money coming in and going out. I do need to file as an independent contractor for myself. I also need to generate the 1099 for myself for the nonprofit. If I get the self-employed version of turbotax will i be able to do both? Thanks.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Will self employed version work for both me as an independent contractor and to generate the 1099 for the nonprofit I do books for?

I think so.  You can prepare more than 1 company 1099NEC.  What do you mean prepare for myself?   To make your own 1099NEC or to issue it to people you paid?  You don't need to create one to give to yourself.  

sarcoguy

I'm preparing a return for myself, and a 1099 for the nonprofit, which is going to me. I do the books for the nonprofit, so I pay myself, create the 1099 that will be issued to me, etc.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies