rpock1953

Will not let me file Fed by mail and state (IL & AZ) by efile.

AshleyRose

You cannot e-file your State tax return without your Federal tax return first being e-filed and accepted. If you are mailing your Federal return you would also have to mail your State return. The TurboTax State program is designed to pull (transfer) information from your federal return. For this reason, TurboTax State is not sold as a standalone tax-preparation product. Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for more information:

rpock1953

No. I am not able to efile my federal return because of AGI = $0.  Trying to then file federal by mail. As recommended by TT. TT tells me I can still file federal by mail, and states by efile. I have now printed my federal forms, but cannot efile states. If I can't do that. Please refund as TT won't file my tax forms for each state (AZ & IL).
rpock1953

I will use an alternative tax preparation and filing services next year. TT could not deliver on promise to file my returns electronically. Nor did it adequately notify me of the fact that it would not be able to provide services before completing multiple state returns and attempting to file same. Waste of $90. Never again.