turney

Will I have to pay back ALL the Healthcare.gov subsidies I took for 2018 since I had no income and technically would not qualify to receive any subsidy?

I am single, 62, and live in Tennessee and have health insurance through Healthcare.gov. I took the FULL healthcare subsidy in 2018. I have no earned income, but usually qualify by taking the minimum poverty level proceeds ($12,140) from my IRA. My problem is that I forgot to take "any" proceeds from the IRA in 2018, therefore there was no 1099-R generated, so I have NO verifiable income for 2018. My question is: Will I have to pay back ALL the Healthcare.gov subsidies I took for 2018 since I had no income and technically would not qualify to receive any subsidy? I have called Healthcare.gov, but their people don't know the answer. They tell me to call a CPA or tax professional. I have not done that because I really doubt they know the answer either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No you will not have to pay back the credit  however you may be denied the advance credit going forward. 

BUT you do need to file a return to report the 1095-A on the form 8962 ... to efile this zero income return simply enter $1 of bank interest on the return.