Will I be able to still file after the deadline be...

mrsjdinkins

Will I be able to still file after the deadline because of ransomware my employer (bcps) won't have my W-2 out until around March 2? How do I file after the filing date?

I can't go by my last paystub of 2020 because we aren't able to get into our employee system.

Using TurboTax you can e-file a 2020 tax return at any time up through October 15, 2021.

The 2020 tax return has to be filed on or before April 15, 2021, if taxes are owed, to avoid a failure to pay penalty and a failure to file penalty.  There are no penalties for filing after the due date if no taxes are owed or for a tax refund.

Edit for typo - should read October 15, 2021

mrsjdinkins

Thank You!