Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why won't Turbotax 2021 install?

I have Windows 10 version 21H2.  I can download Turbotax 2021, I double click, it says Extracting Files, and then absolutely nothing happens.  I have tried a number of times and nothing.

I've been looking at my previous years downloads (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020) and they all have w_turbotax_1040_dlx_tta (then year and such).  This 2021 download does not... it is just windows_per_turbotax .  Did things change?  Or do I not have an updated download file????

I would very much like answers and a downloadable file which will install.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Your technical support/customer service SUCKS and it seems you don't care about your customers.  I've been using TurboTax since about 2015 and started having challenges last year, when it also would not install.  Last year I was told my download was corrupted and it was removed and another was uploaded to my account and it eventually worked. 

This year I'm having the same problem in that it will not install.  The installer comes up, says extracting files and absolutely NOTHING happens.  I have download many times and tried and tried, but nothing.  I also see that others have similar problems and they are NOT getting resolution either.  I don't care if it's the holidays... you should have taken that into consideration.  You don't leave your customers hanging in the wind.

I would appreciate someone getting with me.

Ed Bales

[email address removed]

tomfl

Same thing happen to my 2021 installation.

Hang up at Turbotax2021 activation window.

Both with CD bought from Costco.  Delete and download from Turbotax.com

I have new computer with window 11

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Assistance with the installation issue you are facing has been provided by clicking here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies