gpolma

Why won't TT import Ameritrade 1099 data? Asks if I want to import, but then insists on manual data entry. TT does not ask for my AT doc ID or proceed w/ import.

TT 1099 income entry gives option to import from a financial partner, including TD Ameritrade.  I select enter the data via import, it asks me for my 1099 issuer and my account number, but it never then asks for my Ameritrade  doc ID or otherwise gives me any means to do anything other than manually  enter all the 1099 data.  I've imported Ameritrade 1099 data in prior years with no issues.

This is a new glitch that came with the latest update ... easy workaround is 

Open your tax file, then go to the Go up to the upper left in the Menu and work thru the drop-downs

<File
<<Import
<<<From Financial Institution