• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gwc2gwc2

Why was I charged $99.99 for the Premere Edition when it was offered for 59.99 on another TurboTax site?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DoninGA
Level 15

Why was I charged $99.99 for the Premere Edition when it was offered for 59.99 on another TurboTax site?

You are comparing the TurboTax desktop CD/Download Premier edition at $99.99 to the TurboTax online Premier edition at $59.99.  

The desktop edition includes one free state program download included with the purchase.  The online edition does not include the state program, it is an additional charge of $36.99.  

The online edition can only complete one tax return per account and user ID.  The desktop editions can complete as many tax returns, federal or state, as needed at no additional charge.  The online editions do not have direct access to any forms, schedules or worksheets included with the tax return.  The desktop editions have full direct access to any forms, schedules or worksheets included with the tax return. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DoninGA
Level 15

You are comparing the TurboTax desktop CD/Download Premier edition at $99.99 to the TurboTax online Premier edition at $59.99.  

The desktop edition includes one free state program download included with the purchase.  The online edition does not include the state program, it is an additional charge of $36.99.  

The online edition can only complete one tax return per account and user ID.  The desktop editions can complete as many tax returns, federal or state, as needed at no additional charge.  The online editions do not have direct access to any forms, schedules or worksheets included with the tax return.  The desktop editions have full direct access to any forms, schedules or worksheets included with the tax return. 

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v