Why Turbox online filing does not have 1099-G paym...

Why Turbox online filing does not have 1099-G payment type of State/local income refund?

I received a 1099-G for state income tax refund, and my tax return was itemized, so I am supposed to report this 1099-G in my 2020 tax return. But when I file tax return online and try to enter this 1099-G information, the available Payment Types that I can choose are: Taxable grants,  Agricultural payments, Market gain on CCC loans, Reemployment Trade Adjustment Assistance (RTAA) payments, Business or farm tax refund. There is no option of State/local income tax refund in the 1099-G section. Is this a bug or on purpose?

disregard notice and continue, it will pop up and i was able to add amounts

@willcatz Thanks for the reply. I am able to enter all information of my 1099-G form, except the payment type. What Payment Type is it in your filing? It shows as state/local income refunds?

Even though state tax refunds are reported on Form 1099-G, they are entered in a different location of your return than other  Form 1099-Gs.  After you enter the information, there will be some follow-up questions to determine whether the amount is taxable based on whether you used the standard deduction or itemized deductions in 2019.

Use these steps:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “state and local tax refund” and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to state and local tax refund
  • Click on the blue “Jump to state and local tax refund” link and enter your information

@xwangosu

Thanks @AnnetteB6