Why my Tax Refund is much, much smaller than last ...

Why my Tax Refund is much, much smaller than last year?

Hello:

I'm an elderly  widow  whose husband passed away in 2015. He worked in Federal Government more than 25 years.   I've been living with his death benefit which is Federal annuity.

This year, 2019 Tax Return is almost half the amount of last year, 2018 when I filed it.  It's more than $1,200 less than last year. 

In 2018, I got about $100 more monthly as a living-cost adjustment and it appears to me my Tax did not change prior to its raise, about $100 monthly. 

Why is my Tax-Refund is so much smaller than last year?

Thanks, 

Could be because the withholding tables were changed earlier this year

How much tax was withheld on your annuity in 2017 and how much in 2018? If 2018 is lower than 2017, that is why your refund is lower.

Thanks for the quick response.

I did not looked at Tax between 2017 and 2018.  Furthermore, I never concerned about Tax-Refund until I filed it as believing that OPM did an right adjustment to about $100 living-cost raise monthly.

Should I contact OPM for this issue, .... taking more Tax or what else.... ?