heatherbachan

Why isn't Turbotax asking about my stimulus or recovery rebate credit in the Federal Review section?

It will not if you indicated you are being claimed as a dependent in the My Info section for your personal information.

Or if your 2020 AGI is to high to be eligible for the Recovery Rebate Credit.  Phases out if your AGI is -

• $150,000 if married filing jointly or qualifying widow(er)
• $112,500 if head of household
• $75,000 if single or married filing separately

Edited typo - should read It will not if you indicated you are being claimed as a dependent in the My Info section for your personal information.

tedescoj

If joint income is greater than 150,000 (i.e. 153,000) you get a reduction in amount. You could be still eligible for the Credit. Turbo Tax has a worksheet to calculate it but it never asked me anything about it. I filled out the worksheet manually and am entitled to a credit even though TT didn't help me. Even in the automated step by step interface it doesn't ask anything about it to figure this out. 

JamesG1

In TurboTax Desktop, are you able to access your stimulus check choices by following these steps? 

• Across the top of the screen, click on Personal.
  • Across the top of the screen, click on Other Tax Situations.
  • Scroll to the bottom of the screen, click on Done with Other.
  • The next screen It looks like you qualified for the stimulus.  Click Yes.
  • At the screen Let’s double-check the amount you received, click Yes or No and click Continue.
  • Proceed on to Federal Review and Smart Check

If you have not received one or both of your stimulus checks, you will receive your payment in the form of a Recovery Rebate Credit on line 30 of your 2020 Federal tax return when you file.

TurboTax will compare your one or two stimulus payment amounts to the computations within TurboTax.  The computations within TurboTax are based upon the information that you have entered into the tax software.  If you are due an additional amount, it will be issued as a Recovery Rebate Credit (RRC) on line 30 of the 2020 1040 tax return.

See also this TurboTax Help.

BUND

I wasn't able to access stimulus check choices either. It doesn't show "It looks like you qualified for the stimulus" nor asked me whether I received any checks at all. I I am not a dependent either.

AmyC

You can also use the search feature by typing in stimulus and then click Jump to stimulus.

Maybe your income is too high, see Topic B: Eligibility

@BUND