Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why isn't form 8911 updated in TurboTax 2023 yet?

I have been waiting until all the forms for the property energy credits finally get updated. That day finally comes on 2/8, I update the software with the new forms, TurboTax scans my return and finds no errors, then I e-file.   Few days later my return gets rejected and I get this message:

The tax return needs an update for the Alternative Refueling Property Credit.

The IRS made updates to Form 8911 Alternative Refueling Property Credit.  TurboTax is planning to make updates around this by February 21, 2024.  Please check back then to ensure you are eligible to receive this credit.

Seriously, Isn't this the biggest tax software company in the US?  I keep getting e-mails that there is an error in my taxes and i need to correct them and re-file, I contacted support, but there was no support at all and apparently this was a big surprise.  Anyone else having this issue, because I searched the forums and found absolutely nothing.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

I show this should be available.

Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies if you are using TurboTax Online, and reopen TurboTax.  You can also try a different browser.

Also, make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

yes, I did all that and my return got rejected.  Even though the form says it’s ready, it’s really not.  There is another thread out there with the same issue.  How are you not aware of this?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/unable-to-file-form-8911-alterna...

here is a link to another thread about the same problem, can we get this escalated?  

Can you please get clarification on this???  The form shows ready to file in the online tool, but we are unable to file because TurboTax desktop says some calculations are being worked on.  Is it ready or not?

Unfortunately, these Employee Tax Experts will just keep parroting the same lies and just update the dates instead of helping. Circus show continues...next week, it will just be moved again.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We are not given more information than this:

Additional updates are being made to form 8911 around February 28th. Please check back after that date to check for your eligibility to receive the credit.

Where do we file a formal complaint or request a refund?  You are holding our money hostage.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Here is a link: How do I request a refund for my TurboTax product?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

The IRS recently clarified changes to Form 8911 Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit. TurboTax is planning to make updates around this by February 29, 2024. 

I wonder what we all are going to do if it goes to the deadline date in April?

@douchrti  I would not wait on them to get their ducks in a row. I filed and already received the refund. A week after filing, I see the Unintuitive TurtleTax circus show continues and glad I did not wait any longer. 8911 is small potatoes but I want every last cent I am owed!

8911 2024-02-28 TurtleTax Lies.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies