Solved: Why is the amount of Tax in my Review Numbers $429 more than in the IRS Tax Table for my amount of Taxable Income?

Why is the amount of Tax in my Review Numbers $429 more than in the IRS Tax Table for my amount of Taxable Income?

No way for us to know....there are a bunch of tax calculations, such that the tax tables cannot be used.

1) you had some self-employment income, such that Self-employment taxes were added on....thsoe are on top of the table amounts.

2)  you had some early -withdrawal penalties added on....that's on top of the table amounts

3) Schedule J, Form 8815, form 8814, form 4972, form 8863, several others, and the alternative Minimum Tax (AMT )can all add to your situation.

there's no way for us to know your situation.

Print out your tax forms "With all forms and calculation worksheets and see what calculation methods were used or whether you have some of those added tax items.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*