turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is my pr-141 form not calculated with my filed taxes if I filled it out? How can I find it and the status of my renters rebate?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
LindaB1993
Expert Alumni

Why is my pr-141 form not calculated with my filed taxes if I filled it out? How can I find it and the status of my renters rebate?

You may not meet the income eligibility requirement.  If your household income exceeds the maximum limit of $47,000, you are over the income limitation. 

You can review the questions again in the Vermont State Taxes Tab.  Please view the following for detailed information: 

Renters Claim form- PR-141/Vermont

https://tax.vermont.gov/individuals/renter-rebate

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I meet the requirements. It even told me what I would be getting back but after I filed I can’t see my renters rebate, only the state and federal. 

I’m having the same problem. I also meet the requirements and I was told the amount I am getting after putting in my renters rebate but now that I filed I can’t see it. I only see my state without the pr-141 added in. And I can’t seem to get anyone on the phone or get a answer. 

Jlztang82

Same thing happened to me first said I would get X amount back but it was not add to my total state tax return. 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Do you meet the following eligibility requirements:

According to vermont.gov You must meet all of the following eligibility requirements to file a Renter Rebate Claim:

• You were domiciled in Vermont for the entire calendar year
  • You were not claimed as a dependent of another taxpayer
  • Your Household Income did not exceed $47,000
  • You are the only person in the household making a renter rebate claim
  • You rented in Vermont for the entire year from January 1 through December 31

If you meet these requirements but still not receiving the credit, please reach out to phone support as they have the ability to troubleshoot your return and resolve potential issues.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
NathanVt

Hi!

I contacted the Vermont dep't of taxes after experiencing the same issue. 

They told me that Tax software companies vary in their approach but that most will simply send the completed PR-141 (renter'rebate) form to the responsible , Vt tax office to be processed and the refund recipient will be sent their $$ afterwards.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies