Why is my (in progress) refund amount changing whe...

Why is my (in progress) refund amount changing when I log out and back in to TurboTax with no other changes being made to my income, expenses, or tax return information?

There was nearly a $1000 decrease in my return (in progress) estimate from the time I logged out the first time to when I logged back in to continue working on it. No changes were made. All that I did was logged out and back in a day later.

There may have been a program update.  Was it yesterday Jan 7?  They do updates on Thursday.

Yes, it was. So, you're saying that a program update could potentially change the way my return or deductions are calculated?

Yes.  That's why you should not file early.  The IRS hasn't finalized all the forms and calculations yet.  See

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe... 

Thanks so much for the reply. This helped a bunch!