Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is form 8995A still unavailable?

Yes, this is ridiculous.  I too have been ready to file for a while (3 weeks now).

Hey TurboTax (aka: FUBR), the question wasn't are any other income tax software providers having the same issue?  The question was, if the Sch/Form Availability Table says it is Available, why does TT software say otherwise?  Is this the ol' preverbal "Danglinig Carrot" to avoid losing customers.

The frustration isn't that the form or sch's are not ready, although there is some there too, it's more the fact TT is lying and intentionally giving inaccurate information. 

Additionally, the "We really care" click here link (and TT will email you when the forms are ready) also is not true.  Since yesterday 2/21, I have received 4 emails from TT letting me know the Sch C and 8995 I need, are Ready.  Simply continue returns, do a Software Update, and you're good to go.  NOPE, NOT TRUE TURBOTAX.  It would be very helpful if TT conducted its business following the Best Practices method:

When working with a customer, Be Honest, Provide Clear and Concise Information, Be Professional at all times and when all else fails, be Truthful.  Your customers may not like what they hear but at least they'll know the truth and how to proceed. 

Recommendation, change status on Avail. Table to We're Not Sure When they'll be Ready.  And, Don't send an email saying forms/sch's are Avail. now, just do Update, when both those statements are complete Fake Information. 

Sorry y'all (TT customers, not TT) for the long reply, can you tell I'm frustrated?! 

I definitely understand what you mean. I've received two separate emails saying that all of my forms are ready to file. Then when I update, uninstall, reinstall, no matter what, they're not ready. Customer LOST

draja

"Sch K-1 Wks-Partnerships (BUSINESS NAME, LLC):  Activity name has entries for deductions such as section 179, depletion, section 59(e)(2) and other expenses that may be individually limited.  For purposes of the qualified business income deduction those expenses are not yet supported.  This will be enabled in a subsequent release."

I got the same above message.  I am filing for the same deductions as last year and do not see the Refund increase that I expected, in fact I see no deduction benefit from the form 8995A.   I really don't think they added this form properly.  Whats does "This will be enabled in a subsequent release" really mean?  When will 'this' be released?  Is 'this' form 8995A or something else?  When will I be able to file my return if i'm filing for business deductions using a Schedule K-1?

I'm in this same boat as well.  Form seems to have been released but the software still cannot get past the error check to allow me to e-file.  This is very frustrating.

@marcyb indeed, it may not always be harmless. See this thread for more discussion on this.

Are you using TurboTax online? If so, how do I check for updates? 

From all the responses there isn't one that has a good answer.  From one response wait until March 5, 2019 might be the time the Federal Government gets their version out.  So I guess just wait?

I finally talked to someone very helpful at turbo tax and he sent me link to irs website : https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/list-of-available-free-file-fillable-forms (I have not attached link- so you have to copy and paste in your browser). Once in site hit Ctrl f and type in 8995A. It show irs date to release is 02/28/2020. 

Not just this form. I feel a bit frustrate too on form 5695. I got an email from Turbotax saying the form is ready but when I do the update it's not! I even manually downloaded an update through this link https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-... but when run installing it says Turbo Tax 2019 is needed to install first but on the Windows Program File (feature) it shows already did (installed through Turbo Tax 2019 for Home & Business). May be try to use some other tax software next year to compare for quality, responsiveness, and reliability.

I've done a lot of commenting on this post. So I'm going to lay it out easily for everyone. I've been going back and forth for about 2 weeks straight dealing with TurboTax. I've been told 20 + x that I would have to mail in my taxes, forms weren't available, the IRS wasn't done yet, excetera excetera. After visiting various threads and verifying through the IRS website what forms were available, I found out that the TurboTax desktop application was for some reason not updating. No matter how many times I told her to update, it would not show that the forms that I had been told we're ready, we're usable. I had also receive two separate emails from TurboTax on two separate days stating that the forms are ready.

I would like to end this post by letting everyone know that I was able to successfully file my taxes. All I had to do was use TurboTax online and pay them $280 in fees. 😒-who needs a sales pitch when your pitch is necessity?

@ceichler 

Thanks for the info. Somehow I got the form by updating TT on 20th, now there is no watermark on form 8995A; but the form is unfilled/blank. 

BTW, where did you find the tel ph no to talk to TurboTax guys? I will appreciate if you can provide here.

I had the same problem.  Make sure you do the updates when you login initially.  My electric vehicle Chevy Bolt was added with the recent update.  This allowed me to finish our taxes.  Hope this helps

I filed by using Live. As I commented last week Turbotax Live (Web based verison) has had these forms (8995A) ready to go for who knows how long while the desktop version doesn't have it. So I paid around $160 to do it and will just use my desktop copy now for a friend who needs it.

dalcorp
Returning Member

you mentioned you printed out the form from the fed form list and sent it in.  Was it accepted.  still don't have the firn from TT to file.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies