Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

wjperritt
Returning Member

Why is form 8995A still unavailable?

Today is 2/20/20 (the day the 8995-A was supposed to be approved for e-filing), and I ran the software updates at startup. The “do not file - form not final” banner is now removed from the printed version of the form, but Turbo Tax still gives me a “cannot e-file Schedule B 8996-A” error when I try to e-file my return. When will the software be updated to permit e-filing?

IRS site now says February 28th....sheesh!

@wiperritt

Can you verify if the form 8995a is filled in correctly, and then you are not allowed to e.file?

In other words, can you mail the return?

cmzneb

Funny, my friends who purchased and used Tax Act were able to complete their taxes and the 8995 forms were available with them.

I filed my return yesterday (with approved 8995A) so whatever fix they did it came in on the 20th as promised.

wjperritt
Returning Member

I went through the wizard and entered all required information for QBI. I also checked the form itself in “forms view,” and it is complete. However, when I try to file, it allows me to print for file by mail, but does not allow me to e-file. 

Mine e-filed without issue. Maybe you need to remove the form and let it reset.

@wjperritt: I'm in the same situation, not being able to e-file.

Looking at this thread, someone describes a way to fix it by manually removing some worksheet, which sounds a bit odd but worked for them (with no changes to the bottom line). I have not yet tried that.

I was told the form would be available 02/20/2020, but it is 02/22/2020 and still not available.  I contacted Turbo Tax to see if the release date was moved to a later date and was told to try again tomorrow and if it is not available , print out form on my own and mail to IRS (exact words). Does anyone have any updated information for this form?

It seems to still not be available as of 02/22/2020.  Do you have any updated information?  Thanks for your help.

Got an email from Turbotax today, saying the form was ready.  NOT.   Still getting the error that "Sch K-1 Wks-Partnerships (BUSINESS NAME, LLC):  Activity name has entries for deductions such as section 179, depletion, section 59(e)(2) and other expenses that may be individually limited.  For purposes of the qualified business income deduction those expenses are not yet supported.  This will be enabled in a subsequent release."

Anybody have any more info?

Elmore777 .. I had this problem too.  I decided not to aggregate and e-filing capability is back.    Seems they can't handle the aggregation.   I had to delete the K1's and re-enter them because once you select aggregation, there's no way to find that screen again (what a pain).  Anyway if you must aggregate, I think you'll be doing a lot of printing ....

I got an email saying that all of my forms were ready. And then when I updated and continued my taxes, it's still said that I had to wait on the exact same forms.you think that by now someone at TurboTax with contact or comment directly to clear this all up.

@Mikemuck I found that simply deleting the form named "Qualified Business Income Component wkst" worked for me (as suggested in other thread). No change to tax due, and now it's letting me e-file (haven't actually done it yet, but it's not blocking it).

I just tried deleting that form and it dinged my refund just like when I tried to leave QBI info out. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies