Solved: Why I need to pay $669 for GA tax?

Why I need to pay $669 for GA tax?

I am an active-duty military member.

Why I need to pay $669 for GA tax?

You would be a Texas resident if that is your Home of Record.

So, in the Personal Info section edit your name.  For the state of residence you would select Texas.  Then since you are active military indicate that you did Not live in any other states.  If your military pay is your only income indicate that you did Not earn money in any other states.  Continue with the Personal Info section until it completes.

That should remove the Georgia state tax return from your account.

Why I need to pay $669 for GA tax?

Is Georgia your Home of Record or State of Legal Residence?  If so, then you are required to file a Georgia income tax return and if your total tax payments were not greater than your total tax liabilities then you will have taxes owed.  There is not a military exemption on a Georgia state tax return.

Why I need to pay $669 for GA tax?

I'm from Texas. I hold a Texas driver license.My duty station is Ft Stewart in Georgia. So I'm still a Texas resident, right?

Why I need to pay $669 for GA tax?