Solved: Why has TT generated form 2210? Withholding and qtr. payments exceed my tax liability and there is a refund due. There hasn't been an underpayment. What has happened?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has TT generated form 2210? Withholding and qtr. payments exceed my tax liability and there is a refund due. There hasn't been an underpayment. What has happened?

Form 2210 has box A checked in Part II  stating that I am requesting a waiver of entire penalty due to tax reform or other reasons.  It does include 85% Waiver following Box A statement but I don't understand why I would even be requesting a waiver when I have paid more than the taxes due for 2018. How could there be the possibility of a penalty when it is the IRS that owes me?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

Why has TT generated form 2210? Withholding and qtr. payments exceed my tax liability and there is a refund due. There hasn't been an underpayment. What has happened?

1 Reply
Level 15

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings