Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why has Form 8915B-T Been Delayed yet again??????

The IRS website had the form updated 2 weeks ago (the instructions page says it was updated in December of 2019, but the form didn't post until two weeks ago). Why is turbotax taking so long to get the form into the system and updated? Why do we have to wait for a form until 5/14? When looking at the new form vs last year's form, I'm not seeing a lot changed about it. So what is the hold-up turbo tax? This is the kind of thing that makes users like me switch after using you for over 10 years. 

For one thing because software companies cannot program using the paper form, they must use IRS file specifications (schemas) that the IRS issues about 3-2 weeks after the paper form is published.

For another thing, TurboTax has about 15 different versions that must be updated and Mac and Windows updates require that each user must download and install the update which takes time and effort for each user so TurboTax schedules update about 2 weeks apart to prevent too many updates.  5/14 is a scheduled update.  I suspect that the 8915A should be ready by then also  so they probably want both forms updated at the same time.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
JiminFL

This is killing me too...now it says that the form won't be ready until 5/14.  It's not just affecting my return, but also my stimulus check.  My 2019 income qualifies for the full stimulus check, but my 2018 does not, so since I can't file my 2019 taxes without this form the feds will use my 2018 income and I won't receive a check.  This is really frustrating!

Thank you for giving me the perfect reason to leave TurboTax.

I am unable to file my taxes by mail or e-file because IRS form 8915T is not available...tax deadline has passed although it has been extended due to COVID-19.  My stimulus check has been delayed because I have not filed yet.  Yes, I filed last year but still no stimulus AND, I can't get my tax refund for 2019 until I file.  What's up with IRS not having this form available.  Thanks

TerryA
Intuit Alumni

Both the 8915-A & 8915-B will be final in the 1040 update release on Wed Apr 22 (or Thur morning).

The Forms Availability site should show that by tomorrow morning.

I want to do the same thing this is ridiculous I just didn’t know if you could do that or if it’ll mess something else up worse. I didn’t mean to check the box for 3 years.. I really wish I would’ve just paid the difference and not even filed the disaster form. 

Despite statement of forms availability this week, my return continues to cite May 14 as availability date?    When should I expect to see the forms from TT?  Thanks

moja
Returning Member

IRS Website shows they posted the revised 2019 forms for 8915A and 8915B as of April 13th.  

Questions:

1. When is TurboTax updating the system?

2. I went through all the steps and my return says "You filed your Taxes" Ready for Mail.  Turbotax doesn't let me go back and start over.  My question is; would my .pdf file update automatically once Turbotax updates this form in the system?  Or do I have to do something on my end?

Thank you. 

Tax software companies do not program from paper forms, they must use schemas that are issued by the IRS that the IRS uses the paper form to develop and distribute to the software companies. That usually takes 2-3 week after the paper form has been finalized, but with the IRS operating short staffed with the Coronavirus shutdown, it might take longer.

#1) Currently scheduled for May 14, but might be sooner.

#2) PDF's are what was in the tax return at the time the PDF was created - not after.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

see my post from last friday

Has anyone received their tax refund since sending in this new form. I printed and mailed my tax return on April 27th 2020 and have yet to see a return. I have tried to search the "where is my return" but I keep getting a message stating "We cannot provide any information about your refund..." Which either means they don't have my return, have not processed it yet (this is week 6) or ..? I am in dire need of this return this week. I was ready to file back in February but this 8915B-T form delayed me drastically. 

@Cheyanneshelby wrote:

Has anyone received their tax refund since sending in this new form. I printed and mailed my tax return on April 27th 2020 and have yet to see a return. I have tried to search the "where is my return" but I keep getting a message stating "We cannot provide any information about your refund..." Which either means they don't have my return, have not processed it yet (this is week 6) or ..? I am in dire need of this return this week. I was ready to file back in February but this 8915B-T form delayed me drastically. 

The IRS has not processed any type of paper tax return for several months due to the pandemic.

Go to this IRS website for information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

The IRS is not currently able to process individual paper tax returns. If you already have filed via paper but it has not yet been processed, do not file a second tax return or write to the IRS to inquire about the status of your return or your Economic Impact Payment. Paper returns will be processed   once processing centers are able to reopen.

I'm in the same boat.  I sent t on 4/23, the day it was available.  I called in last week and was told they were just opening some of the processing centers again last week.   The rest are supposed to open this week.  All our paper returns are sitting in trailers awaiting processing.  I'm told we should see some movement within the next few weeks.  I'm not pleased, but at least they acknowledge the problem and are doing something.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies