Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why does RI Division need copies of W2's & 1099 when form W is attached to my return. I have filed with Turbo Tax in the past and this was never questioned?

RI Division of Taxation has received my return but will not process until I provide copies of my W2's & 1099's.  The reason is form W entries need to be verified.  This has never happened in past years.  What is up with 2017??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why does RI Division need copies of W2's & 1099 when form W is attached to my return. I have filed with Turbo Tax in the past and this was never questioned?

Rhode Island Division of Taxation is doing this on a limited number of returns.  It does not mean anything is wrong.

They want to be sure the refund is correct and it is going to the correct person.

Click on the attached link for more detail.

http://www.tax.ri.gov/Advisory/ADV%202017-08.pdf

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Rhode Island Division of Taxation is doing this on a limited number of returns.  It does not mean anything is wrong.

They want to be sure the refund is correct and it is going to the correct person.

Click on the attached link for more detail.

http://www.tax.ri.gov/Advisory/ADV%202017-08.pdf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies