Solved: Why does my sons return say he qualifies to be a dependent on someone else's return when he doesn't?

marykaynelson

Why does my sons return say he qualifies to be a dependent on someone else's return when he doesn't?

Turbo selected the option he qualifies to be claimed as an deduction on someone else's tax forms. When we try to claim him and he doesn't qualify (25 yrs. old and made $8000.) I am not able to change to change his form so he can claim himself.

TomD8

On your son's return, he needs to go back to the Personal Info section, click the Edit button next to his name, and then UNCHECK the box that says someone else can claim him on their return.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

TomD8