mbullock173

Why does my 2018 return say 0 dependents? I noticed this when it was comparing this return with my last one. I've had a dependent for 8 years.

AmyC

Please go back through the questions for your dependent. Some of the questions take thought in choosing the right answer. Once finished, it will say that you can or can not claim the dependent and why not. If you get  "you can not", please note the reason, if you need more help.

Hollyberry

I think it is a glitch in their system. I had 3 dependents in 2018 and it read that I, also, had 0. But my dollar amounts (income tax money received) were accurate. 

DawnC

Interesting....Where does it show 0 dependents?   Are you looking at the 1040 from your previous year?   And are your amounts correct like @Hollyberry

Simplybre

Mine is doing the same thing. I hope this is not causing any issues. At the end, when it compares last year to this year, it shows my dependents as zero too. The part where it says “your final numbers.” 2018 is showing zero and 2019, three. I had three last year as well. This should be fixed. 

E14027FB-2477-43BB-864A-49745BAB6472.jpeg

SusanY1

This is a display issue based on a change in the way the program is reading some data.  It doesn't affect either return, although I agree it is confusing to look at. 

Thank you for bringing it to our attention, we're looking to see if it is something that can be easily corrected.