Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why does it say that NJ FLI is capped at $29, it's not, and I can't continue to file because of it

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Why does it say that NJ FLI is capped at $29, it's not, and I can't continue to file because of it

The state forms are not finalized yet.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

You are correct. While the maximum in 2019 was $27.52, for tax year 2020, the maximum is $215.84. I recommend closing the program and browser completely. Reopen it using Chrome.

Otherwise, you may need to go to your employer for reimbursement, instead, if you only had one employer.

Click the link for more details from PDF page 43 &44 of 2020 New Jersey Resident Return NJ-1040 Tax Booklet

Please see: New Jersey SDI Tax and FDI Tax W-2 Box 14 Error for more information about this issue. 

@reikinurse129 

[Edited 01/27/2021 | 2:51 PM PST]

See Also:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payroll-reminders/help/new-jersey-sdi-tax-and-fdi-tax/00/1807763

Even when the software is fixed..DO NOT file before 12 Feb. 

Filing now does not get your taxes in any earlier since the IRS isn't expected to start until then....AND...you may have some other forms you "forgot" to include.  1099-INT forms?  1099-R forms, another W-2, unemployment 1099-G?....  if yo do file earlier, you cannot get it back until the IRS does something with it...it's locked until then.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies