Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Zittau

Why do I always have to pay a $25 filing fee to file my CA State return? Intuit advertises that you get to file one State return for free.

You should send a $25 refund to everyone that has this complaint or fix the problem.  I have used turbotax for at least 10 years and I have never received a free state return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Why do I always have to pay a $25 filing fee to file my CA State return? Intuit advertises that you get to file one State return for free.

Yes, you get one free state program Download included in the purchase price of the TurboTax software.

This does not include or mean one free state income tax return e-file.  The current e-file fee for a state tax return using the desktop editions is $25.  This fee can be avoided by printing and mailing the state tax return.

If you file before March 1 the fee is only $20.  And this year when I bought the CD at Costco I got a $10 credit so the state efile fee was only $10!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies