Why didn’t I receive the first stimulus last year ...

khough_1

Why didn’t I receive the first stimulus last year ($1200) or this year’s ($600)? I claim myself, I’m 26, and I make less than $75,000k. Is there a way I can still get it?

I’ve heard you can somehow claim it on your taxes, but I’m still concerned that I won’t receive this one either.
ThomasM125

You can receive the stimulus payments when you file your tax return for 2020. To determine why you did not receive them, you would need to call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.

NCperson

@khough_1 - it's simple - it's part of the 2020 tax return  - there is no separate filing.  the questions are in the 'federal review' section of turbo tax and it will result in a higher refund (or reduce the money you owe). Look at Line 30 of Form 1040 before you file - the amount of stimulus you are eligible for will be listed there.