turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

benupsavs

Why did I not receive my complimentary Quickbooks Self Employed subscription? It seems like a bait-and-switch situation, and there was not even a link to download my data

I signed up for this last year and received the complimentary subscription. Even though TurboTax knows that the business belongs to me wife, it only worked with my login and information. We shared a login and finally made it work well enough, and I paid for my TurboTax self employed return, and then Quickbooks held our data hostage without the option to download any of our data until we paid more money! Why?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
benupsavs

Why did I not receive my complimentary Quickbooks Self Employed subscription? It seems like a bait-and-switch situation, and there was not even a link to download my data

Dear Intuit,

PLEASE ANSWER!

Thanks.

Employee JeanneLO says the Quickbook offer has ended and is not available this year,
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-if-i-file-my-taxes-through-turbotax-self-emplo...

I guess now it's the other way around.  If you subscribe to the Online QuickBooks Self Employed Tax bundle you get a free Turbo Tax Self Employed online return, Buy it here
https://quickbooks.intuit.com/self-employed

benupsavs

This is terrible. It sounds like a scheme to squeeze extra money out of existing customers while giving new customers a better deal. This needs to be fixed and grandfathered in somehow. Existing customers need refunds too. I'm considering filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau if this is not resolved.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies