Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ashleyelizabeths
Returning Member

If I file my taxes through TurboTax Self Employed, will I receive a free year-long subscription to QuickBooks Self Employed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

If I file my taxes through TurboTax Self Employed, will I receive a free year-long subscription to QuickBooks Self Employed?

Yes, TurboTax Self-Employed includes a complimentary 1-year subscription to QuickBooks Self-Employed. Please see What is TurboTax Self-Employed? for more information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ashleyelizabeths
Returning Member

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the answer. Based on your answer, I went ahead and filed my taxes through TurboTax Self Employed. Now, employees from Quickbooks and Turbo Tax are refusing to give me the year-long subscription to Quickbooks. Can someone please help?

I've been on the phone for hours trying to resolve this, and each agent keeps deflecting and saying that the other company needs to figure it out.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

We apologize for the confusion but the offer for the QuickBooks free subscription has ended and was not available this year.

@ashleyelizabeths

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ashleyelizabeths
Returning Member

Hi Jeanne,

Thanks for the response! Am I to understand that the information given to be above by Michelle (in March of this year) was false advertising? 

SamS1
Expert Alumni

Michelle may not have been aware of the change.  For several years, TurboTax Self-Employed (TTSE) has partnered with QuickBooks Self-Employed (QBSE) and offered TurboTax customers who purchased TTSE a 1-year subscription of QBSE. The subscription expires for our customers on either 4/30 or 10/15 of the following year.  On or after 5/1/21, customers can subscribe to QBSE to gain access to their information.

Why has this ended? Are both not still owned by Intuit?

I came to this page because I used Turbo Tax Self Employed and was very surprised when I was not offered another free year of QuickBooks Self Employed. As a very small business owner, I was not an expense I was expecting to have. The basic plan is $300/year! That's a huge change from free.

But I think you still get a free Turbo Tax online Self Employed return by subscribing to QuickBooks.  There is a QuickBooks Self Employed Tax Bundle.  Saw it earlier today but can't find the link now.

ashleyelizabeths
Returning Member

Sure, but Michelle is a TurboTax Employee. Am I wrong?

The reason I filed through TurboTax Self Employed this year is because I was told by the company (Michelle) that I'd be able to get the free subscription. 

That's false advertising.

I've used TurboTax since the start of my business and they've just lost a lifelong customer. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies