Why did I not get a opportunity to eather direct d...

Why did I not get a opportunity to eather direct deposit my recovery rebate credited of 600 into my savings account or just use this to pay it to my 2020 taxes? I really need this for my rent and it w

And if I would have known this I would have filled directly with the IRS and not with TurboTax and just payed my 2020 taxes on April 15th as I was going to do because I will have that money in full th

it is automatic that your recovery rebate is used to pay your 2020 taxes. If it still shows a balance due, that rebate didn't cover it.

tax is always due on April 15 and you can wait till the last day to pay if that is what you want to do.

if you want the rebate in cash, don't file. If IRS doesn't already  have your qualifications and  your direct deposit info, you will get nothing.