Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

geneseat

Why did I not get a opportunity to eather direct deposit my recovery rebate credited of 600 into my savings account or just use this to pay it to my 2020 taxes? I really need this for my rent and it w

And if I would have known this I would have filled directly with the IRS and not with TurboTax and just payed my 2020 taxes on April 15th as I was going to do because I will have that money in full th
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Why did I not get a opportunity to eather direct deposit my recovery rebate credited of 600 into my savings account or just use this to pay it to my 2020 taxes? I really need this for my rent and it w

it is automatic that your recovery rebate is used to pay your 2020 taxes. If it still shows a balance due, that rebate didn't cover it.

tax is always due on April 15 and you can wait till the last day to pay if that is what you want to do.

if you want the rebate in cash, don't file. If IRS doesn't already  have your qualifications and  your direct deposit info, you will get nothing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies